The privacy of your personal data is important to ARPAS-UK. The following sets out what we do and what we do not do with the information we collect using this website.
We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address when you register on the site) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website). We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site, ensure that our site and services run properly and ensure we are paid for advertising services we offer. We may update this policy from time to time.
How do we gather information?
Information is collected in two ways:
(1) Indirectly e.g. using website; and
(2) directly e.g. when you register on the website
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) legal basis under which we collect, process and retain data about you is classified as
- “Contract” – By joining ARPAS-UK, a contract is created to provide services to you.
- “Legal Obligation” – If you are working for us or have worked for us within a defined period, then we are legally required to retain records of this employment and all aspects relating to payments, for inspection by government bodies (e.g. HMRC) and this forms the basis on which we retain your data.
What data we gather and What it is used for
Your Membership Card: Photograph, Name, Membership Category.
Your Membership Certificate: Company Name, Membership Number, Expiry Date.
Newsletter: Name, email address.
AGM Information: Relevant information is sent via email to all members to enable access to the AGM.
Membership Meetings: We may contact you via telephone or email, if you or your company are close to a proposed venue or you have an interest or skillset specific to the meeting.
Employee/Director information: This is to process pay, NI, pension provisions, & HR matters, as well as report to HMRC on PAYE & NI matters, and legal obligations with Companies House. This is collected on a contract basis.
Financial Data: This is gathered by Stripe, our payment portal. No-one within ARPAS-UK can access the full data set. Any bank account details are deleted immediately after authorised use.
FaceBook & LinkedIn Members Groups: Name, Company Name. To give you access and check you are an ARPAS-UK member.
How the data is stored
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site encrypt data using TLS 1.2 or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. ARPAS-UK uses Googledrive to store documents. When being used by the Admin Team, the files may be downloaded to laptops, worked on and then uploaded. They will not be stored on laptops. Some anonymised data may be.
Financial data is stored by Stripe, our payment gateway and will be governed by GDPR too. We, ARPAS-UK, cannot view all your card details (only the last 4 digits & an expiry date). Any bank details used are deleted after use.
Access and Who we disclose your data to
The Admin Team can access your data, as well as our 3rd party IT support. We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent. Your consent is given when you register.
Data Retention and Right to be forgotten
We will only keep membership data for 2 years after membership has lapsed, where you have consented to it. Then it will be deleted. Some anonymised data will be retained for analysis purposes, eg Membership Category, date joined, postcodes but names, email addresses and telephone numbers and most of the address will be deleted off all platform
ARPAS-UK is governed by GDPR as of 25/5/2018.
Parts of ARPAS-UK and our billing process, which is transacted via Stripe, are automatic and we may process your personal data as part of ARPAS-UK and the billing process. You may select automatic renewal as you join and you may further request for it to be removed at any point.
Accessing and updating your personal information.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and request us to change/update this information. A small administration fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Data Protection Officer, ARPAS-UK, Sherwood House, 41 Queens Road, Farnborough, Hants GU14 6JP or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies and how they benefit you
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Our cookies help us:
- Make certain functionality on the website work.
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site.
- Remember your settings during and between visits.
- Offer you free services/content.
- Improve the speed/security of the site.
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook.
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster.
- Continuously improve our website for you.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission).
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Our own cookies
- Determining if you are logged in or not.
- Remembering your search settings.
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions.
- Allowing you to add comments to our site.
- Tailoring content to your needs.
- There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
You can see third party privacy policies on the respective websites. Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily share or Like our content through Facebook, Twitter and other social channels we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy policies relating to these services will vary and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Site Improvement Cookies
We regularly test new designs or features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how visitors respond to these different versions. This helps us to offer you a better website.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com . You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. It is worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just that they won’t be tailored to you.
Turning Cookies Off
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Subscribers and Email Newsletter
When you join ARPAS-UK as a member or as an operator for a company that is a member, you will receive services. These are listed below including the data they use.
- Membership Card: Name, Photograph, Company (if relevant), Membership category.
- Membership Certificate: Company Name, Membership Number, Expiry Date.
- Newsletter: Name, email address.
- Ad hoc emails: Name, email address. This may be to ask for your advice or input.
- AGM Information: Information is sent via email to all members.
- Membership Meetings: We may contact you if you or your company are close to a proposed venue or you have an interest or skillset specific to the meeting.
- Employee/Director information: This is to process pay, NI, pension provisions, & HR matters, as well as report to HMRC on PAYE & NI matters, and legal obligations with Companies House.
- Financial Data: This is gathered by Stripe, our payment portal. No-one within ARPAS-UK can access the full data set.
If you have any questions in relation to the above please contact The Data Protection Office, ARPAS-UK, Sherwood House, 41 Queens Road, Farnborough, Hants GU14 6JP or email email@example.com