Westminster Employment Forum Keynote Seminar
Date: Morning, Thursday, 17th January 2019
Venue: Central London
ARPAS-UK supports apprenticeships in the UK, and in particular the drone industry. As a newly formed sector, ARPAS-UK is thinking and planning ahead for the future, its members and its industry. We will be attending this conference and reporting back to our Members.
Included in this keynote seminar are addresses from: Nikki Christie, Deputy Director, Assessment and Quality Assurance, Institute for Apprenticeships; Mark Dawe, Chief Executive, Association of Employment and Learning Providers; Trudy Harrison MP, Co-Chair, Apprenticeship Delivery Board and Member, House of Commons Education Select Committee; Dr Christopher Jones HMI, Specialist Adviser for Apprenticeships, Ofsted and Lucy Sydney, Director of Strategic Relationships for VTQ, Ofqual.
Further confirmed speakers include: Louise Doyle, Senior Strategic Associate, Strategic Development; Joanne Giles, Director of Apprenticeships and Employer Engagement, South Essex College and Dr Jacqueline Hall, Associate Director and Head of Assessment Services, Energy and Utilities Independent Assessment Service.
Lord Fox, Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and Officer, All-Party Parliamentary Group on Apprenticeships has kindly agreed to chair part of this seminar.
Additional senior participants are being approached.
This seminar will present an opportunity to engage with key policymakers and other interested parties, and is CPD certified (more details). Places have been reserved by officials from the Cabinet Office; DCMS; DfE; DfT; Education and Skills Funding Agency; Government Equalities Office; HMCTS; HMPPS; HMRC; MHCLG; MoD; National Crime Agency; RAF Intelligence Analyst Apprenticeship Centre and The Scottish Government. Also due to attend are representatives from Aktrion Food; Bedford College Group; Caring Homes Group; Chardon Hotels; Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx); CITB; City & Guilds; City of London Corporation; College of Policing; Compass Group UK & Ireland; Coventry University; EAL; Energy and Utilities Independent Assessment Service; FDQ; Foundry Training Services; IQL UK; London Borough of Croydon; London Borough of Hounslow; Manchester Metropolitan University; MCMT; Morrison Utility Services; NHS National Services Scotland; Orchard Hill College; Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education; Tribal Group; UK Hydrographic Office; University of Chester and University of Warwick.
Press passes have been reserved by representatives from Financial Times and Showhouse.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group numbering around 120, including Members of both Houses of Parliament, senior officials from DfE, BEIS, DWP and other relevant Departments, as well as regulators, representatives of employers and trade unions, FE colleges, independent training providers, careers advisors, trade and professional associations, academics, and members of the national and trade press.
Areas for Discussion include:
- Regulation and inspection: challenges for the IfA and Ofsted in maintaining and improving quality;
- Key issues for providers: with focus on the impact of the review of the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers;
- Employer’s needs: how levy funding can best be utilised, navigating the apprenticeship provider market and ensuring confidence in accreditation;
- Improving the pathway: ensuring the 20% off-the-job training is enforced, finding suitable end-point assessors and apprenticeship experience; and
- Next steps for policy: key findings from the Education Committee inquiry and priorities for future policy.
To book places, please use the online booking form.
Once submitted, this will be taken as a confirmed booking and will be subject to our terms and conditions below.
Please pay in advance by credit card on 01344 864796. If advance credit card payment is not possible, please let me know and we may be able to make other arrangements.
Options and charges are as follows:
- Places at Priorities for improving the quality of apprenticeships in England (including refreshments and PDF copy of the transcripts) are £230 plus VAT;
- Concessionary rate places for small charities, unfunded individuals and those in similar circumstances are £85 plus VAT. Please be sure to apply for this at the time of booking.
For those who cannot attend:
- Copies of the briefing document, including full transcripts of all speeches and the questions and comments sessions and further articles from interested parties, will be available approximately 12 days after the event for £95 plus VAT;
- Concessionary rate: £50 plus VAT.