Date: March 26th 2020
Venue: TTP, Melbourn Science Park, Melbourn, SG8 6EE
Drones are expected to be a key element of the next industrial revolution. Already commonplace in agriculture for crop monitoring and pesticide spraying, drones are now finding new applications ranging from infrastructure monitoring and risk reduction for the oil and gas sector, to inspection of long linear assets like power lines. There is a huge surge in demand for high quality drone data. At the same time, regulatory frameworks are becoming more relaxed on beyond visual line of sight operations (BVLOS).
Understanding how to optimise the radio link with drones is key to performance. At this event, you will learn ways to address this technological challenge from:
- Ben Allen; Senior Innovation Eng. and Paul Lindup, Drone Manager, Network Rail
- Mark Radford; Co-Founder and CTO, Blighter Surveillance Systems Ltd
- Dr Alex Georgiades; Autonomous Systems Specialist, Innovation Hub, Civil Aviation Authority
- Dr Kieran Wood; Senior Research Associate, Aerospace Engineering, University of Bristol
- Ayan Ghosh; Ofcom
- Peter Morton; Tactical Wireless
Starting at 10:30am, this event will provide delegates with ample opportunities to network and debate the themes of the day.
Tickets are free for CW members | £150 (+VAT) for non-CW members, AND there is a 50% discount for ARPAS-UK Members available via the Members Area.