19 September 2018 – 20 September 2018
No.4 Hamilton Place, London
Realising the potential of Beyond Visual Line of Sight operation of Unmanned Aircraft
Drones are now being used for a wide range of tasks, some new and some as a cost effective replacement of manned aircraft, But the true potential of unmanned aircraft can only be realised when they are able to fly beyond the visual line of sight of the pilot and today such operations are severely restricted, primarily due to legitimate safety concerns.
However, under the oversight of the UK CAA, and other regulators globally, BVLOS operations are being extensively trialled and in some cases routine commercial and humanitarian missions are already established. The military also has a long history of BVLOS operations. A key feature of these early BVLOS operations is that flights in proximity to manned aircraft are tightly constrained.
This conference brings together:
– Operators who are developing practical solution to enable BVLOS operation, eventually in unsegregated airspace. who will explain how they are able to safely operate Beyond Visual Line of Sight
– Current and potential users of the services that can be provided by BVLOS to explain the Business case underpins the approach
– Providers of new capabilities that can mitigate the remaining constraints associated with integration of unmanned aircraft with conventional aviation, including air traffic management, conflict management, control and communication (C2) integrity, Electronic Identification and privacy concerns.
– Regulators and legislators to provide the background to the proposed regulatory developments with the specific goal of demonstrating that legislation is a help rather than a hindrance to the progress of BVLOS
There will be opportunity to discuss the issue raised by the speakers with regulators and operators, technologists, system and platform manufacturers, and service providers (current and future).
– Mike Gadd FRAeS, Head of International Regulatory Affairs, Altitude Angels
– Dr Johnny King, Vice President, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems UK
– John Mettrop, Spectrum Manager, Civil Aviation Authority
– Tim Ollier, Drone Partnerships Lead, Flock Cover
– Elaine Whyt, UK Drones Leader, PwC
– Mark Watson, UTM Service Integration Manager, National Air Traffic Services
– Dr Joseph Barnard, Managing Director, Barnard Microsystems Ltd
– Hannah Nobbs, Innovation Scout, RNLI
– TBC, Nesta
– TBC, CAA
For further information, follow the link: https://www.aerosociety.com/events-calendar/bvlos-operations-in-the-uk/