The potential and opportunities for space-enabled technologies in agriculture are vast, but what is the art of the possible? On Thursday 14 November, we are hosting an event entitled ‘Space-enabled Agriculture’ on behalf of the Digital Agri-Food SIG – a one-day conference aimed at exploring space-enabled applications across agricultural supply chains and production.
Through interactive panel sessions and collaborative brainstorming, we will explore:
- The role of ubiquitous connectivity in agriculture now and into the future
- How geospatial intelligence can add value to farming businesses
- What future space-based solutions are required to solve some of the industry’s biggest challenges.
Delegates from across the agricultural and space sectors will have the opportunity to learn about each other’s industries, the barriers to technology and opportunities to collaborate for the future.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Simon Pearson – Director – The Lincoln Institute of Agri-Food Technology
- Clive Blacker – Head of Business Development – Map of Agriculture
- Steve Keyworth – Director – Environment Systems
- Ben Ramsden – Partnership Manager – Digital Catapult
- Ian Bailey – Director of Rural Research – Savills
- Harry Wilder – Head of Agronomy – Barfoots
- Dr. Matthew Smith – Chief Product Officer – Agrimetrics
- Paul Febvre – CTO – Satellite Applications Catapult
To view the Space-enabled Agriculture event agenda, click here.
Follow the links
For more information on the Space-enabled Agriculture event, email Marketing@sa.catapult.org.uk